Monday & Thursday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
11:00 pm – 7:00 pm
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Alternate)
Welcome to Glendale Heights Family Dental, where we are dedicated to giving our patients the best possible dental care and promoting their overall oral health.
The process of extracting a tooth from its socket in the jawbone is known as tooth extraction. While we always try to keep your natural teeth as much as we can, there are few instances where extraction is required. Here are a few reasons why tooth extraction may be recommended:
1. Severe Tooth Decay: When tooth decay reaches an advanced stage and compromises the tooth's structure, extraction may be the best course of action to prevent further damage and infection.
2. Irreparable Tooth Damage: Teeth that are severely fractured or broken beyond repair may need to be extracted to maintain overall oral health and prevent complications.
3. Overcrowding: In cases of severe overcrowding, where there isn't enough space in the mouth to accommodate all the teeth properly, extraction may be required as part of orthodontic treatment or to prevent misalignment.
4. Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, often erupt improperly or become impacted, causing pain, infection, and other oral health issues. Extraction is frequently recommended in these cases.
5. Periodontal Disease: Advanced periodontal (gum) disease can lead to significant damage to the supporting tissues and bone structure around the teeth. In some cases, extraction may be necessary to preserve the overall health of the mouth.
1. Thorough Examination: To assess the state of the tooth and surrounding tissues, our skilled dental team, led by Dr. Bhumika Patel, will do a thorough examination that may include X-rays or other diagnostic testing. This evaluation assists in determining the best course of treatment and whether extraction is necessary.
2. Local Anesthesia: To ensure your comfort throughout the process, a local anaesthetic will be given to numb the area around the tooth prior to the extraction.
3. Extraction: Using specialised dental tools, our experienced dentist will carefully and delicately extract the tooth from its socket. A straightforward extraction or a surgical extraction may be carried out, depending on how complicated the case is. Before the process, our team will go over it with you and address any worries or queries you might have.
4. Post-Extraction Care: Our staff will provide you with thorough post-operative instructions to encourage healthy healing and reduce any discomfort or issues after the tooth extraction. These guidelines might suggest changes to your diet, oral care routine, and pain management techniques.
If you require a tooth extraction, trust Glendale Dentistry to provide exceptional care and support throughout the process. Our experienced dental professionals, state-of-the-art facility, and patient-centered approach make us the ideal choice for all your dental needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step toward a healthier smile.
© 2023 Glendale Heights Family Dental | Powered by Remedo